Connect to the Creative You

There is nothing more beautiful than a woman doing what she loves. You can't miss her. The light in her eyes radiates out. Her laugh is childlike and she is, well...glowing. You wonder "What could possibly make her so happy?" She works long hours, like you. She's busy, busy, busy, like you. But, there's something very different about her. She makes room for what moves her.

What are you drawn to? Are you moved by playing the piano, the drums, or guitar? Do you love burying your hands in baking flour or ceramic clay? Do you feel most alive when you write, draw, or paint? Do what moves you and you'll not only feel renewed, you'll feel more connected to you.

What I'd give to have a chat with Georgia O'Keefe. Her paintings of all those days and nights in New Mexico, tell me one thing, she was happy. I've tried my hand at watercolor. It's both messy and freeing. With no experience and all my mistakes, it still makes my heart sing.

Making my own jewelry presented surprising challenges. How you're bound to loose the beads, if you don't double tie the end. It required me to let loose and forget about symmetry and patterns. Much harder than I thought. I desperately wanted to add "one blue, two green, one blue, two green." Fortunately, it taught me to go with the flow.

Find something you love to do and do it often. Forget about your lack of experience, the mess, or silly things like symmetry. Unless of course, symmetry is the look you are going for. Connect to that creative part of you, as often as you can, and soon you'll be that woman. The woman with the radiant light and childlike laugh, inspiring others to do the same.

Copyright 2010. Asia Sharif-Clark. All rights reserved.

Asia Sharif-Clark, founder of Centered Self Worldwide and creator of "The Power of a Dream Team," course with strategies and tools to support your core, invites you to support your core by receiving weekly tips and encouragement at: http://www.centeredselfworldwide.com.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Asia_Sharif-Clark

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น